Grilled Tuna with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Seafood Recipes and Tips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber—peeled, seeded and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Four 6-ounce tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, red onion and basil and toss to coat. Refrigerate the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the balsamic vinegar and blend in the hot water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and the oregano. Grill the tuna over a hot fire until lightly charred on the outside and rare inside, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a carving board.
- Mound the tomato salad on plates. Thickly slice the tuna steaks and transfer to the plates. Drizzle the tuna with the balsamic dressing and serve.
Make AheadThe tomato salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours.
NotesOne Serving 404 calories, 17 g total fat, 2.6 g saturated fat, 20 g carb, 5 g fiber.