Grilled Tuna With Herbed Cream
- SERVINGS: 4
To make two meals at once, cook extra tuna steaks and turn them into a salad for sandwiches.
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Four 6-ounce tuna steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 4 slices of a large tomato, cut about 1/3 inch thick
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Light a grill or set a heavy grill pan over moderately high heat. On a work surface, using a fork, mash the garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a small bowl, blend the garlic with the mayonnaise, basil, chives, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and black pepper and lightly oil the grill or the pan. Grill the tuna for about 2 1/2 minutes, then turn the steaks and top each one with a tomato slice. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, longer if desired. Transfer to plates.
- While the fish is cooking, beat the cream until stiff and fold in the herbed mayonnaise. Serve the fish warm or at room temperature and pass the sauce separately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.