© Con Poulos
Grilled Trout with Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Spreading a little mayonnaise on a thin, white, flaky fish like trout before grilling keeps it moist and adds rich flavor.
Plus: F&W's Grilling Guide
More Fast Fish Recipes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 10-ounce boneless rainbow trout, heads and pin bones removed
- In a mini food processor, pulse the scallions, capers, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest and mayonnaise until the scallions are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon-caper mayonnaise on each side of each trout; season with salt and pepper. Grill the fish over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, 6 minutes. Serve the trout with the remaining mayonnaise.
Serve WithGrilled fennel wedges and grilled scallions.
This goes well with a Citrusy Riesling.