Grilled Trout with Ginger and Vinegar
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This recipe is just one example of the simple dishes served at Yakapark, a restaurant and trout farm.
- 4 butterflied trout
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Light a grill. Brush the trout with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the butterflied trout over a hot fire, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and grill until just cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer the trout to plates, skin side down.
- In a small skillet, warm the balsamic vinegar with the ginger and parsley. Spoon the vinegar over the fish and serve.
Notes The pomegranate vinegar that is typically used in this dish isn't widely available in this country so we used balsamic vinegar in its place.
The parsley, oil and grilled flavors here point to a tart white that can offer some cleansing contrast. Try a Greek white, such as a Chardonnay.