Grilled Trout with Ginger and Vinegar
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
This recipe is just one example of the simple dishes served at Yakapark, a restaurant and trout farm.
- 4 butterflied trout
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Light a grill. Brush the trout with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the butterflied trout over a hot fire, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and grill until just cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer the trout to plates, skin side down.
- In a small skillet, warm the balsamic vinegar with the ginger and parsley. Spoon the vinegar over the fish and serve.
The parsley, oil and grilled flavors here point to a tart white that can offer some cleansing contrast. Try a Greek white, such as a Chardonnay.