- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried summer savory, or 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh savory
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 trout fillets (about 2 pounds in all)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, savory, salt, and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- Put the trout fillets in a medium glass dish or stainless-steel pan. Add the marinade and turn the fillets to coat.
- Grill or broil the fish 2 minutes. Turn and cook until just done, about 2 minutes longer for 1/4-inch-thick fillets. Serve with the lemon wedges.
A delicately flavored Muscadet or Sancerre will enhance the trout rather than compete with it, and neither of these wines will be washed out by the lemon, because they are both high in acidity.