Grilled Tomato-and-Scallion Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
"If it were up to me, I would throw everything on the grill," says Tim Love. Case in point: He cooks tomatoes and scallions over a hot fire for a simple salad flavored with a little lime juice and crumbled cheese.
Plus: F&W's Grilling Guide
More Tomato Recipes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups crumbled cotija or ricotta salata cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 8 tomatoes (6 to 8 ounces each), cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 bunches of scallions
- Canola oil, for rubbing
- Light a grill. Rub the tomatoes and scallions with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tomatoes and scallions over high heat, turning once, until they're blistered, 1 minute per side; transfer to a platter. Drizzle the salad with the lime juice and olive oil, sprinkle with the cheese and serve.