© Helene Dujardin
Grilled-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
Lightly charring the vegetables before pureeing them gives this salsa verde an alluring smokiness; fresh cilantro and tart lime juice added at the end make all the flavors pop.
More Salsa Recipes
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and halved
- 2 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, toss the tomatillos, jalapeños, onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly softened and charred in spots, 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the cilantro, lime juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and pulse until chunky. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature.
Make AheadThe salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.