Grilled Swordfish with Lima-Bean-and-Herb Butter
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/2 cup shelled lima beans (from about 1 pound in the pod)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Hot sauce
- Ten 6-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, cover the lima beans with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, cover and simmer over moderately low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Puree the lima beans in a mini food processor. Add the butter, chives, parsley and dill and process until smooth. Season with salt and hot sauce.
- Light a grill. Rub the swordfish steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the fish over moderately high heat until nicely browned outside and just opaque throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Top the fish with the lima bean butter and serve right away.
Meaty fish, such as salmon and the swordfish steaks here, go well with citrusy, full-bodied whites like Chenin Blanc. Chenin Blanc often has a bright herbal note, which is a great match for this recipe's herby butter.