© Fredrika Stjärne
Grilled Swordfish with Lima-Bean-and-Herb Butter
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1/2 cup shelled lima beans (from about 1 pound in the pod)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Hot sauce
- Ten 6-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, cover the lima beans with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, cover and simmer over moderately low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Puree the lima beans in a mini food processor. Add the butter, chives, parsley and dill and process until smooth. Season with salt and hot sauce.
- Light a grill. Rub the swordfish steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the fish over moderately high heat until nicely browned outside and just opaque throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Top the fish with the lima bean butter and serve right away.
Make AheadThe lima bean butter can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Meaty fish, such as salmon and the swordfish steaks here, go well with citrusy, full-bodied whites like Chenin Blanc. Chenin Blanc often has a bright herbal note, which is a great match for this recipe's herby butter.