© Tina Rupp
Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Basil-Caper Butter
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 8-ounce swordfish steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- Arugula and Endive Salad with Pine Nuts and Parmesan, for serving
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the basil, capers and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate.
- In a large, shallow dish, mix the olive oil with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season the swordfish with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the olive oil mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over a hot fire until nicely charred on the outside and just cooked within, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to plates, top each with a dollop of basil-caper butter and serve right away, with the Arugula and Endive Salad with Pine Nuts and Parmesan.
Make Ahead The basil-caper butter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Flavored butter gives these meaty swordfish steaks a piquant, herbal taste that's echoed in Sauvignon Blanc, particularly ones from the Collio region of Italy.