- Four 8-ounce swordfish steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves and stems
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 small Fresno or red jalapeño chiles, minced
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pimentón de la Vera (smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
How to make this recipe
- Heat a grill pan. Brush the fish with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. In 2 batches, cook the fish over moderate heat until browned on one side, 3 minutes. Turn the steaks and top each with 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Grill until the fish is just cooked through, 2 minutes longer. Transfer to serving plates.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil with the remaining ingredients and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the swordfish and serve.
Aromatic white blend.