- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- One 1 1/4-pound eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut on the bias 1/4-inch thick
- Four 6-ounce swordfish fillets
- Light a grill. In a blender, combine the basil with the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and 1/4 cup of the olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the bell pepper, turning frequently, until charred all over, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool. Discard the skin and seeds and slice the pepper 1 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush the eggplant and zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Brush the swordfish with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill, turning once, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to the platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve, passing any remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.