- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 4 ounces green beans, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon piment d’Espelette (see Note)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four 12-ounce New York strip steaks, fat cap left on
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the shallots with the vinegar and let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the green beans, cilantro, parsley, garlic, piment d’Espelette and the 1 cup of olive oil; season the green bean chimichurri with salt and pepper.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the steaks with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice the steaks across the grain and transfer to plates. Spoon the green bean chimichurri over the steaks and serve.
Piment d’Espelette is a sweet, mildly spicy ground pepper.