- 3/4 cup sliced shallots (2 large)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 1-pound boneless New York strip steaks (1 inch thick)
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, cook the shallots in the olive oil over low heat, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the shallots and oil to a blender and let cool briefly. Add the vinegar and mustard and puree until smooth. Add the parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to plates, top with the vinaigrette and serve.
Robust, spicy Monastrell.