- 2 ears of corn, husked
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 5-inch pieces
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the corn and poblano lightly with oil and grill over high heat, just until the corn is lightly browned and the poblano is lightly charred all over but still firm, about 3 minutes.
- Peel and core the poblano, then finely dice it. Cut the kernels from the corn cobs. Transfer half of the poblano and corn to a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water and puree to a chunky sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the remaining poblano and corn kernels with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub the steaks with oil and season them generously with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning once or twice, until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain. Spoon the sauce onto plates and top with the steak. Spoon the salsa on the meat and serve right away.
Black cherry-scented, concentrated Malbec.