- 5 Hass avocados—halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Five 1-pound skirt steaks
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Rösti Potatoes
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a food processor, puree the avocados with the olive oil, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Season the puree with sea salt and pepper.
Season the steaks with sea salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until charred outside and medium-rare within, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut each steak in half crosswise; transfer to plates. Spoon the tomatoes and avocado puree alongside. Place the rösti potatoes next to the avocado puree and serve.
Practically any grilled steak goes well with a spicy, full-bodied Tannat, Uruguay's primary red grape. Uruguayan wines can be hard to find in the U.S., so as an alternate choose an Argentine Malbec.