- 5 Hass avocados—halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Five 1-pound skirt steaks
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Rösti Potatoes
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a food processor, puree the avocados with the olive oil, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Season the puree with sea salt and pepper.
- Season the steaks with sea salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until charred outside and medium-rare within, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut each steak in half crosswise; transfer to plates. Spoon the tomatoes and avocado puree alongside. Place the rösti potatoes next to the avocado puree and serve.
Practically any grilled steak goes well with a spicy, full-bodied Tannat, Uruguay's primary red grape. Uruguayan wines can be hard to find in the U.S., so as an alternate choose an Argentine Malbec.