- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 6 small shallots, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Mesclun and crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large glass or ceramic baking dish, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, soy sauce, shallots, thyme and Tabasco. Season the marinade with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, then arrange them in the marinade and let the skewered shrimp stand for 15 minutes.
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Cook the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the shrimp marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Remove the shrimp from their skewers and brush them lightly with the marinade. Arrange the mesclun on a serving platter and top with the shrimp. Spoon some of the marinade over the shrimp and serve at once with bread.