- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or other Asian chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 32 jumbo shrimp (about 4 pounds), shelled and deveined
- In a bowl, whisk the sambal oelek with the lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice and oregano. Whisk in the 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over moderate heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to plates and spoon the dressing on top. Serve.
The strong flavors of this shrimp dishas well as the wine poured with it, a vibrant Marlborough Sauvignon Blancare ideal for a bold-spirited Aries.