- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 red Thai chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, stir the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar, shallot, garlic, chile, ginger and cilantro. Fold in the mango and season with salt.
- Drizzle the shrimp with oil, toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to plates and top with the mango salsa. Mound the arugula leaves alongside and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
The mangoes, Thai chile and ginger in his sweet-spicy salsa are all ideal with a rich, fruity New Zealand Pinot Gris.