- 1 cup packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 20 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked or thawed frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk the parsley with the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper. Season the chimichurri generously with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the chimichurri and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, toss the black-eyed peas with the tomatoes, arugula and 1/4 cup of the chimichurri; season with salt and pepper. Pile the salad on plates, top with the shrimp and serve, passing the remaining chimichurri at the table.
The chimichurri can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Warm-climate rosés tend to have juicy, bold fruit that is superb with the sweetness of grilled shrimp.