- 12 large shrimp (10-15 count), peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 small red tomato, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 half small red onion, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced (seeds optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 dozen triangle shaped fried tortilla chips
- 1 cup cooked black beans, purÉed to a paste
- 1 cup grated Montasio cheese
- Preheat grill. Brush the shrimp using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season shrimp with salt. Place shrimp on grill over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, turning each shrimp after 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from grill and cool, then finely dice. Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread tortilla chips with black bean paste and place on sheet pan. Sprinkle liberally with Montasio cheese. Place nachos in oven and bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove and place nachos on serving platter.
- Spoon a small portion of salsa on top of each Black Bean Nacho and serve.
Montasio cheese is a hard ripened goat cheese. You may substitute a good jalapeño-jack cheese if Montasio is unavailable.