- 1/4 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 scallions
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and julienned
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the vinegar, lime juice, paprika and mustard. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the scallions until bright green, about 1 minute. Drain the scallions, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Light a grill. Rub the scallions with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the scallions over high heat until lightly charred, about 30 seconds per side. Grill the shrimp until lightly charred and white throughout, about 1 minute per side.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apple with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Cut the grilled scallions into 2-inch lengths. Scatter the scallions and apple on a platter and arrange the shrimp on top. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the shrimp, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Zesty German and Austrian Rieslings act like a spritz of citrus when served with seafood, such as these flavorful shrimp.