Grilled Shrimp and Corn Wraps
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 4 wraps
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 large ears)
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- Four 10-inch flour tortillas
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and curled, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the corn and cook over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add the celery, lemon juice, garlic, mayonnaise, paprika and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the shredded cabbage.
- Quickly warm the tortillas on the grill. Spread the tortillas on a work surface and mound the corn slaw in the center of each. Top with the shrimp. Roll up the wraps, cut in half and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.