- 1 red bell pepper
- One 2-ounce tin of anchovies—1 tablespoon of oil reserved, fillets drained and minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 pounds flanken-cut beef short ribs (cut across the bones), about 1/4 inch thick
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- Light a grill. Grill the bell pepper over high heat, turning frequently, until charred all over. When the pepper is cool enough to handle, discard the skin, seeds and stem. Thinly slice the pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk the anchovies and their oil with the garlic, lemon juice and crushed red pepper. Stir in the parsley and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the sliced bell pepper.
- Rub the ribs with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred and cooked to medium, about 50 seconds per side. Serve the ribs right away, passing the vinaigrette at the table.
The anchovy vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Lively, juicy Garnacha.