- Finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds honeydew melon, rind removed and melon cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a large bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the diced honeydew melon and avocado. Season the salsa with salt and black pepper.
Drizzle the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to plates, spoon the salsa alongside and serve.
The toasty flavors of a California Chardonnay would be delicious with the sweet and smoky scallops.