- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons kecep manis or double soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, kecep manis, vinegar, mustard, curry powder, cumin, Tabasco and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Grill the salmon over a medium-hot fire for about 6 minutes per side, or until browned and crisp on the outside but still slightly rare inside. Stir the cilantro into the ketchup sauce and generously brush about half of the sauce on the cooked salmon. Heat the remaining sauce just until bubbling. Transfer the salmon to plates and serve; pass the remaining sauce alongside or refrigerate for another use.
The prepared sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.