Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 8 slices ciabatta or peasant bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 slices of bacon (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 pounds leftover salmon (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of watercress (6 ounces), thick stems discarded
- Light a grill. Brush the bread on both sides with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and grill over high heat until toasted on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the toast. Divide the salmon between 4 slices of toast and top with the bacon. In a medium bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and toss. Mound the watercress on the bacon. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve.
For these salmon sandwiches, go with a Sonoma Coast Chardonnay sharpened by a bit of acidity.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.