- 2 large red bell peppers—halved, cored and seeded
- 1 large tomato, halved
- 1/2 medium onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Light a grill. Wrap the red peppers, tomato and onion in a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grill over moderate heat for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and charred.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender. Add the almonds and crushed red pepper and puree. Season with salt and serve.
1/4 cup: 35 cal, 12 gm fat, 0.1 gm sat fat, 5 gm carb, 1 gm fiber, 1 gm protein.