- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 2 small red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pickled Fresno Chiles, plus 2 tablespoons brine
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool; halve the potatoes.
Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and onions with the 1/2 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning, until the onions are tender and the potatoes are golden and crispy, about 3 minutes for the onions and 10 minutes for the potatoes. Transfer the onions and potatoes to a platter and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Top with the pickled chiles and drizzle with olive oil and the brine. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.