- SERVINGS: 8
For best results, rake the coals so your grill has hotter and cooler cooking areas.
- 4 red bell peppers, halved
- 2 red onions, sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick, root end left intact
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/3 inch thick
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Arrange the peppers, onions, yellow squash and zucchini on a large tray. Thread the cherry tomatoes onto bamboo skewers and add them to the tray. Brush the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Grill or broil the peppers and onions over the cooler part of the grill for about 4 minutes per side, or until tender. Grill or broil the yellow squash and zucchini over the hotter part of the grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until almost tender. Grill the cherry tomatoes over the hotter part for about 1 minute, or until hot. Transfer the vegetables to a platter, toss gently to combine and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.