- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- Sea salt
- 3 bunches of radishes (about 2 1/4 pounds), 2 cups of the greens reserved
- 1 cup lightly packed mint
- Grilled rustic bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, cook 4 tablespoons of the butter over moderate heat, swirling, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes; let cool completely.
In a bowl, blend the cooled brown butter with the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the heavy cream, lemon juice and rosemary. Season with salt.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, toss the radishes with 2 tablespoons of the rosemary brown butter and season with salt. Grill on a perforated grill pan (if using a grill) over high heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Return the radishes to the bowl. Add the 2 cups of radish greens and the mint; toss well. Pile the radishes and greens on a platter and serve with grilled bread, sea salt and the remaining brown butter.
The rosemary brown butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.