© Fredrika Stjärne
Grilled Radicchio with Lemon-Hazelnut Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
With smoky radicchio, toasted hazelnuts, Parmesan cheese and a bright, lemony dressing, this super-simple salad tastes like more than the sum of its parts.
Slideshow: Vegetarian Grilling Recipes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Three 6-ounce heads of radicchio, halved through the core
- In a skillet, toast the hazelnuts over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a clean towel and rub off the skins. Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts; finely grind the remaining 2 tablespoons of hazelnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the 1/4 cup of olive oil, the cheese and the 2 tablespoons of finely ground hazelnuts. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Brush the radicchio halves with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until the edges are lightly charred, 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool slightly. Spoon the dressing on top, sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and serve.