- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped mint
- 8 semiboneless quail
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packed cup spinach leaves, sliced 2/3 inch thick
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the pomegranate molasses, the 1 tablespoon of oil and the mint; season with salt.
- Rub olive oil all over the quail. Season with salt and pepper and grill, breast side down, over high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn the quail and grill until the breast meat is pink (for medium), about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the quail to plates.
- Add the spinach and pomegranate seeds to the dressing and toss. Serve the salad with the quail.
Creamy Celery Root Skordalia.
The meat's sweet, slightly rich flavor and the juicy pomegranate seeds in the spinach salad are delicious with an elegant red Burgundy.