Grilled Prosciutto and Fontina Rolls with Mostarda
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 24 thin slices of prosciutto (3/4 pound)
- 12 thin slices Fontina cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 large baguette, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into eight 1-inch slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 1/4 cups Dried Apricot and Cherry Mostarda
- Light a grill. Arrange the prosciutto slices on a work surface in pairs, forming twelve 8-by-4-inch rectangles. Top the prosciutto with the cheese, being sure not to let the cheese hang over. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mostarda onto the cheese and roll up the prosciutto to form short cylinders. Double-skewer 3 of the prosciutto rolls between 4 alternating slices of baguette. Brush the skewers with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and sizzling, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the prosciutto rolls and toasted bread with the remaining mostarda.
Voluptuous, cherry-rich red.