Grilled Potatoes with Garlic Aioli
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat until tender, 30 minutes. Drain and let cool for 20 minutes. Cut the potatoes in half.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and mustard. With the machine on, add 1/2 cup of the olive oil and the vegetable oil in a thin stream and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until chilled.
- Light a grill. Toss the potatoes with the thyme and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a hot fire for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and sizzling. Transfer the potatoes to a platter and serve with the aioli.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.