- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the tarragon and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the portobello caps with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set the mushrooms on the grill, gills down, and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until tender and nicely charred, about 8 minutes. Dollop the tarragon-parsley butter over the gills and cook for about 1 minute longer, until the butter is melted. Transfer the grilled mushrooms to plates and serve right away.
Pinot Noir is an ideal partner for mushroom dishes like this, thanks to its earthy intensity and wild berry fruit.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.