© Jonelle Weaver
Grilled Pork Tenderloins with Jamaican Spices
- SERVINGS: 4
Butterflying pork tenderloinsslicing them almost in half lengthwise and spreading them openhelps the meat cook faster and creates a larger surface area for the spice marinade to penetrate.
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 large shallot, minced
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Two 1-pound pork tenderloins, butterflied
- Light a grill. In a bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, thyme, shallot, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, coriander, salt and pepper. Add the pork and turn until well coated with the spice mixture. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grill the pork over a medium-hot fire or in a preheated grill pan for about 10 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140° for medium.
- Transfer the meat to a platter, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the pork and serve.