Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Herb Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slabs
- 1 pound Broccolini
- 1 large pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, oregano, olives and the 3/4 cup of olive oil and process to a fine paste. Add the currants and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and pulse to blend.
- Light a grill and oil the grates; alternatively, heat a grill pan. Brush the onion slabs and Broccolini all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until charred and tender, about 5 minutes for the Broccolini and 8 to 10 minutes for the onion.
- Meanwhile, butterfly the pork, cutting halfway through the meat; open the meat on a work surface. Using a meat pounder, pound the tenderloin to a 1/2-inch thickness. Brush the pork with olive oil and season with the paprika and salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes, then cut into thick slices. Serve with the grilled Broccolini and onion and pass the herb salsa alongside.
Make AheadThe herb salsa can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Concentrated, peppery South African Syrah.