- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 10- to 12-ounce bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small saucepan, bring the mirin and sake to a boil and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in the ginger, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Remove from the heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, rub them with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grill over moderately high heat for about 6 minutes per side, until nicely charred outside and just pink in the center. Transfer the pork chops to plates and pour the ginger sauce on top.
The ginger sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Steamed white rice and grilled bok choy.
Contributed By Kuniko Yagi Photo © Fredrika Stjarne