© Susan Spungen
Grilled Pork and Onion Tacos
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Eight 1/4-inch-thick pork loin cutlets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- Eight 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Arrange the cutlets and onion on a large baking sheet. Brush all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Season the cutlets with the chile powder.
- Grill the onions over moderately high heat, turning once, until charred and tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm. Grill the cutlets, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to the cutting board. Coarsely chop the onions and cut the pork into 1/2-inch strips; transfer to a platter. Serve with the tortillas, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.