Grilled Pompano with Tangy Ginger Sauce
- SERVINGS: 4
Ginger's heat is more aromatic than incendiary, but it does give this fish a definite kick.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Four 6-ounce pompano fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro sprigs
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, mix the sugar with the lime juice, ginger, fish sauce and garlic. Season the pompano fillets with salt and pepper and grill over a hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Transfer the fish to a platter or plates. Spoon the sauce over the top, garnish with the cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.