- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- Sauerkraut, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, bay leaves and 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Prick the hot dogs all over with a toothpick and set them in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic casserole. Pour the pickling brine over the hot dogs, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the pickles, both mustards and the honey.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Pat the hot dogs dry with paper towels. Grill over high heat until lightly charred and heated through, about 4 minutes. Tuck the hot dogs into the warmed buns, top with the mustard relish and sauerkraut and serve.