Grilled Pepper Jack and Roast Beef Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Buttered pita makes this a deliciously crispy version of a Philly cheesesteak.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 thick, pocketless pitas, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced pepper Jack cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced rare roast beef
- Spread the outside of the pita halves with the butter and arrange, buttered side down, on a work surface. Spread the cut sides with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Fill the sandwiches with the red onion, pepper Jack cheese and roast beef and close the sandwiches.
- Preheat a skillet or panini press. Grill the sandwiches over low heat until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, 10 minutes. If using a skillet, press the sandwiches with a spatula and flip them halfway through. Cut in half and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.