- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons chopped capers
- 2 Picholine olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Four 6-ounce opah steaks (or swordfish steaks), cut 1 inch thick
- In a saucepan, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook over moderate heat until the butter browns slightly and smells nutty, 2 minutes. Add the anchovy, crushed red pepper, pine nuts, capers, olives and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and remove from the heat.
- Rub the opah with oil and season with salt. Grill over high heat until just cooked through, 1 1/2 minutes per side. Slice each steak into 4 pieces. Spoon the topping over the fish and serve.
NotesOpah is available at specialty fish markets or at honolulufish.com.