Grilled Miso Shrimp
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
When grilling shrimp or scallops, use sticks of lemongrass or sprigs of rosemary as an alternative to metal or bamboo skewers.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 scallions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the miso, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Thread the shrimp and scallions on eight 8-inch skewers.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Serve the shrimp with the sambal mayonnaise.
A zippy, tropical California Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.