- 2 tablespoons red or white miso
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Japanese eggplants (1 pound), sliced on the bias 3/4 inch thick
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, whisk the miso with the water, honey and sesame oil.
- Arrange the eggplant on a platter and brush with oil. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 6 minutes. Brush the eggplant with the miso glaze and grill, turning once, until glazed, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter and serve warm or at room temperature.
Contributed By Grace Parisi Photo Published