- 1 1/2 cups mango sorbet, melted
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 pound green cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Dry-roasted peanuts, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine 1 1/4 cups of the sorbet with the chicken and turn to coat. Seal and set the bag in a large baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of sorbet with the lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce. Add the red and green cabbage, cilantro and scallions, season with salt and toss well.
- Preheat a grill pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Brush with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and let cool, about 10 minutes. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1/2 -inch-thick slices. Spoon the slaw onto plates, top with the chicken and peanuts and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Ripe, tropical-fruit-scented Chardonnay.