- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon—very thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (2 1/2 pounds each), cut into individual chops
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled bread, for serving
- 6 ounces sheep-milk feta cheese, crumbled, for serving
- Agrodolce Caponata, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Make the Vinaigrette In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of the oil. Add the tomato and tomato paste and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the tomato is very soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tarragon, parsley and lemon slices and simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and the remaining 1/4 cup of oil, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and white pepper. Let the vinaigrette cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the Lamb Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Rub the lamb chops with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with grilled bread, feta and Agrodolce Caponata. Pass the tomato vinaigrette at the table.
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.