Grilled Lamb with Radicchio and Black-Olive Oil
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Sang Yoon's place, Father's Office, features these spicy lamb cubes on skewers.
More Amazing Lamb Recipes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 large head radicchio, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- Salt and coarsely cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a blender, combine the olives with 1/3 cup of olive oil and puree. Add the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and vinegar and puree. If the black-olive oil is too thick, add a little more olive oil.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the radicchio with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and grill over high heat, turning, until wilted, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the shallot and thyme. Season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin, paprika and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the lamb; turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until medium rare, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; let stand for 5 minutes. Thread each lamb cube onto a small skewer or sturdy toothpick. Arrange the radicchio on a platter, top with the lamb and serve with the black-olive oil.
A spicy red contrasts with the smoky lamb and balances the salty olives and slightly bitter radicchio. Look for a berry-flavored Zinfandel.