Grilled Lamb Skewers with Mustard Onions
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
In keeping with Senegalese tradition, Sean Brock likes to make this dish with all parts of the lamb. But here he calls for just the leg, which is easier to skewer and grills up beautifully.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 pounds trimmed leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the white vinegar with the Dijon mustard and agave nectar. Stir in the onion slices and season with salt and white pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grates. In a large bowl, toss the lamb with the 1 tablespoon of peanut oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Thread the lamb pieces onto 8 skewers. Grill the lamb over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until it is charred in spots, 6 to 7 minutes for medium meat. Transfer the lamb skewers to a platter and serve with the mustard onions.
Nutty amber ales complement the smokiness of grilled meats.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.